According to Brian Tracy, a leading expert on the development of human potential, highly successful people think differently than others. They are habitual optimists and generally have a positive/constructive attitude toward life.
Optimists are focused on the future, feeling that the best is yet to come, while pessimists tend to focus on the negative and look to the past. Following is a list of “secrets to success” of several highly successful people.
Perhaps these secrets can help you to make this year your most successful one yet.
1. Visualize, think, and talk about what you want in your life. Commit to making it happen and refuse to think and talk about what you don’t want. Be clear about what you want to achieve and do what it takes to achieve it.
2. Believe in yourself and your dreams. Having a sense of pride in yourself breeds confidence.
3. Do what you love. Focus on your passion instead of the money. Passion creates energy and excitement which, when combined with preparation, breeds success.
4. Improve your potential. Develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. Take the time to continuously increase your brainpower by attending programs, reading books, and listening to audiotapes.
5. Maintain a positive attitude. Always look for the good and the valuable lesson you may be learning.
6. Look for solutions rather than focusing on the problems and who to blame.
7. Stay focused on your goals and the future. Write them down as though they have already happened. If you know where you are going and have a plan of action for getting there, you are more likely to arrive.
8. Don’t give up. Be persistent and continue to preserver even in adversity. Most successful people have failed several times before they succeed. Use failure as fuel for future success.
9. Be willing to take risks.
10. Take responsibility for your life; act as though you are the president of your own company.