UPDATE: download Clyde Hart’s 60 page Training Manual from the 2007 USATF NPEP Conference.
Speedlinking is a term to define a collection (or handful) of good posts on a particular topic, very similar to a Blog Carnival.
Here is a collection of workouts and race strategies from around the world:
From Speedendurance.com’s archives:
- Clyde Hart Training Seminar Notes
- Differences between 440 yards and 400 meters
- Video of the 1988 Olympic Finals (Steve Lewis, Butch Reynolds,& Danny Everett)
- from Supertraining
- from Lee Evans
- Michael Johnson’s race strategy
- Bud Winter on Tommie Smith
- Bud Winter on Lee Evans
From the Internet:
- Clyde Hart Classic blueprints to his 400m training
- Clyde Hart on the 400: Train slower to race faster from American Track and Field by Andy Friedlander, a nice 3 page scanned article.
- Clyde Hart: coach to Michael Johnson and Jeremy Wariner from www.sports-fitness.com
- Strategies and Tactics on Running the 400 Meters By Rob Lasorsa, M-F Athletic Co.
- Track Coach #102 (Winter, 1988) By William Black
- The 400-meter dash training and racing, March 1996 by Michael Stevenson
- by Brian MacKenzie, UK Level 4 Performance Coach
- by Australian Coach Steve Bennett
- from Australian Coach Steve Bennett, moderator for the YahooGroup 400-800-1500: