This video is a great collection of all the Men’s Track and Field World Records (excludes distances over 5000 meters or Multis).
Some of these videos are very rare, as I haven’t seen these in a long long time (i.e. the pole vault or high jump record)
This list has a lot of outstanding performances… let me correct that, ALL of them are outstanding!
The one I am impressed with is Randy Barnes shot put. The 16 pound stone explodes out of his arm like a cannon. So much, that after the first bounce, it flies out of the throwing area!
For history sake, I have to include the pre-modern day javelin with Uwe Hohn 104.80 meters 1984 Javelin World Record. The video is shown here on YouTube. A couple more feet and he would have killed the pole vault competitors waiting on the other aide of the apron!
- 100 meters 9.77 – Asafa Powell (record has since been broken)
- 200 meters 19.32 – Michael Johnson
- 400 meters 43.18 – Michael Johnson
- 800 meters 1:41.11 – Wilson Kipketer
- 1500 meters 3:26.00 – Hicham El Guerrouj
- Mile 3:43.13 – Hicham El Guerrouj
- 110mH 12.88 – Xiang Liu
- 400mH 46.78 – Kevin Young
- Long Jump 8.95 – Mike Powell
- Triple Jump 18.29 – Jonathan Edwards
- Pole Vault 6.14 (A) – Sergey Bubka
- High Jump 2.45 – Javier Sotomayor
- Shot Put 23.12 – Randy Barnes
- Discus 74.08 – JÃ¼rgen Schult
- Hammer 86.74 – Yuriy Sedykh
- Javelin 98.48 – Jan ZeleznÃ½
Here is the link on YouTube. The music is good, too!