If you enjoyed the British version of Sports Matters “Worlds Fastest Man” with Michael Johnson, you’ll certainly enjoy this 1 hour documentary of Sports Science with Asafa Powell on Japanese TV.
There are no commercials, and you can view the 5 part, 10 min segments of the show below.
The show is in Japanese, but it’s well worth watching. Some highlights:
- All his World Records are shown (9.77s and 9.74)
- The 2007 Osaka World Championships loss to Tyson
- Most interviews are in English, with Japanese subtitles
- Lots of slow motion to study his form
- Good section on Tyson Gay in Part 2
- Nice side by side analysis of Tyson and Asafa – you don’t need Dartfish, but a translator helps!
I’ve been playing with some of the new video technologies out there, and I like the way I can show a playlist of videos, rather than having all the videos one after another. This saves a lot of real estate room on this Blog. I will write another article on this at a later date. Do you like the playlist to the right, or the auto-scroll playlist on the bottom?