The Recharge with Milk website (see below) is sponsored by the Dairy Farmers of Canada, of course.
I love their interactive demo on comparing Chocolate Milk with other drinks.
While conventional protein powders contain many of the essential nutrients your body requires after a workout, they contain far more protein than most exercisers need as part of a balanced diet.
Chocolate milk’s 16 grams of protein per 500mL serving will provide most people with the protein they need to recharge for their next workout.
Here are a few other reasons why chocolate milk is the better choice after your workout:
- Chocolate milk tastes great
- A 500mL serving of chocolate milk costs less than half of a protein shake
- Chocolate milk contains 15 essential nutrients
- Chocolate milk is available almost everywhere
- Just open and drink. With chocolate milk, there’s no measuring and no mixing