Here is a new little app that might interest sprinters who wants to improve their reaction time.
It is called sprintStart and it lets you practice and improve your reaction time.
It is fairly simple to use: Tap "Start" and put the iPhone in your pocket or resting on the starting blocks. Wait for the app to say "On your marks", "Set" and the start on the “gun”. The display will show your reaction time, that is, the time from the “gun” to when you start moving.
The set up allows you change the time between the commands and also add a random variation so you can’t guess the starter and get a flyer.
It is not as advanced as sprintTimer for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch , but I think it can be useful to measure reaction times, and it is free!
FREE is good!
Here is the appstore link:
More articles on reaction time and the false start rule:
- Reaction Time Differences in Men and Women
- Changing the IAAF Reaction Time Rule (Part 2)
- Armin Hary and the IAAF Reaction Time Rule (Part 1)
- Reaction Time, Usain Bolt and the Pareto 80-20 Rule
- How to Improve your Reaction Time