Nutrition for active people comes down to several factors.
- the event you do: strength/power based, endurance based or circuit training
- the pre-workout: what to drink and when to eat
- fluids during the event (and eat if you do ultra-marathons)
- the post workout out: when to eat, and what
That basically sums up the checklist.
Yeah, great stuff, but what are the answers to the quiz, Professor Lee?
FIRST, there is a long series I wrote titled Sports and Energy Drinks: The Complete Guide (Part 4). Start there and work backwards.
SECOND, for more information on post workout recovery drinks, read
- More on Post Workout Recovery Nutrition with Trent Stellingwerff
- Recovery Drinks with 4:1 Carbs Protein ratio
- What is the Best Protein Recovery Drink for Sprinters?
- Nutrition for Recovery – Post Workout Drink Controversy which discusses the differences in carb:protein ratios.
THIRD, check out this infographic below. Class dismissed.
Get health and fitness tips at Greatist.com