Last night I had the opportunity to listen to the teleseminar hosted by USATF-GA (Georgia). The guest speaker was Kenta’ Bell, two time Olympian (2004, 2008) in the Triple Jump who has written several articles on this Blog. (Click here for his past articles)
Also in attendance was S&C coach Randy Hadley and numerous other coaches.
The Teleseminar was held at 8pm EST or 2am CEST my local time, so I was in no mood to ask questions
The podcast is an hour long, but I recommend taking a look (or listen). Download it to your iPod and listen to it while in traffic if you have to.
Photo credits: Getty Images © copyright
There are several “take home” pointers, including:
- proper sprint mechanics
- proper guidelines for strength & power development
- the top 5 muscle groups to strength train
- why building a bigger engine is not always the answer
- are we training our sprinters correctly?
- what can we do as coaches Nationally to improve as a nation?
In the podcast, he refers to his article on SpeedEndurance, which is Significance of Force Application in Max Velocity Sprinting, Part 11.
He also refers to Bud Winter’s The Rocket Sprint Start.
Kenta’ Bell TeleSeminar
Presenter: USATF GA with Kenta’ Bell
Broadcast Date: February 4, 2013
File Size: 64.0 Mb