NOTE: This event is independent of SpeedEndurance.com but I highly recommend attending. There is a good chance I will be there, too.
The traditional Pajulahti Endurance Conference will be organized in cooperation with The European Athletics Association (EA), The Finnish Athletics Association (FAF), KIHU – Research Institute for Olympic Sport and Pajulahti Sports Institute.
>> The event starts Friday Nov 22 at 6:00pm and ends Sunday Nov 24 at 2:00pm
This year’s focus will be on Modern Concepts of Speed Endurance Training.
- Overall perspectives of training in speed endurance events (400m, 400m hurdles, 800m) from youth to adulthood, for example: Training systems in different European countries and Path of successful athletes in different European countries
- What has science to offer in speed endurance events? From scientific principles to practical applications.
- How to develop aerobic capabilities and anaerobic power/capacity throughout the training year combining current scientific and practical knowledge
- Principles of speed endurance training in spring and peaking in summer
- Overtraining and overreaching in speed endurance events
Key note lectures, interviews, workshops, practical demonstrations and panel discussions.
The conference language is English.
- Eketerina Kulikova & Natalya Antyukh/RUS
- Juha Sainio & Ella Räsänen/FIN
- Ari Nummela/FIN
- Roland Bergman SWE (coach of Moa Hjelmer and Nils de Oliveira)
- former 800 m WR-holder Wilson Kipketer/DEN.
>> Click here for the Pajulahti Speed Endurance Conference 2013 brochure
Registration: 330 €, includes accommodation in double rooms (2 nights), meals, conference program and materials. Single room for an additional 28 € / night.
The nearest airport is Helsinki (110 Km). Bus or taxi transport from/to the airport will be organized. There is also a train connection from Helsinki to Lahti (20 Km from Nastola).
The conference fee will be invoiced in advance.
Click Here for the latest brochure