So, what is the (unofficial) 250 meter World Record?
Last year, Christophe Lemaitre ran a 26.25. Prior to this, the old record was Joseph Batangdon of Cameroon 26.61 set back in 2008.
But here we have Pavel Maslak of the Czech Republic running a 250m time trial and training run in a reported 25.81 back on May 20. I hate hand times, they should just invest in a Freelap timing system.
Clearly, if the odd 250m distance was raced more often, we would see the record fall.
What about 250m splits?
Usain Bolt split 25.4 en route to his 30.97 300m back in 2010.
Michael Johnson split was 25.24 en route to his 30.85 WR for 300 meters.
If you love track trivia and all the obscure world records, see:
- The Outdoor 50 and 60 meter World Records
- Usain Bolt misses 100 Yard World Record
- How to Increase Indoor Track Attendance & TV Coverage
- Shortest and Fastest World Records: 50 meter and 50 Yards
- How to Race the Indoor 600 meters
- What is a Swedish Relay?
- Usain Bolt: A 300 meter Ostrava World Record? Nope, 30.97
- 300 meter World Record Video (with a twist)
- Tyson Gay 2010 Manchester 19.41 200 meter Splits
- Tyson Gay’s Manchester 150m Post Race Analysis