Last Updated on January 24, 2009 by Jimson Lee
We all need motivation sometimes. It’s easy when practice is scheduled for 5:05 pm, and I’m waiting for you at the track.
But what happens if you are a self-trained athlete without a coach? Maybe you are a distance runner, or a heavy quarter miler who does 7 mile Sunday runs in the Fall GPP season?
Enter MP3 players, iPods <enter brand type here>, or even your favorite ringtones on your cell phone. These are better than my bulky yellow Sony Walkman 20 years ago! And yes, I still have that POS.
Here are a list of songs that somehow crept into my repertoire:
- 10 – Guns N Roses: Welcome To The Jungle (1987, used by the Cincinnati Bengals in 1998)
- 9 – 3 Doors Down: Kryptonite (2000, used in Michael Johnson “Superman” videos)
- 8 – Blur: Song 2 (a.k.a. Woo hoo) (1997)
- 7 – Smash Mouth: Walking On The Sun (1997)
- 6 – Flock of Seagulls: I Ran (a.k.a. So Far Away) (1982)
- 5 – Queen: Another One Bites The Dust (1980)
- 4 – Queen: We Will Rock You – We Are The Champions (1977)
- 3 – The Baha Men: Who Let The Dogs Out (1998)
- 2 – Gary Glitter – Rock and Roll, Part 2 (a.k.a. The Hey Song) (1972, used in many Hockey arenas)
- 1 – Survivor: Eye Of The Tiger (1982, used in the movie Rocky III)
What songs are in your collection?