Last Updated on
If you are like me, you are probably reading 3-4 books concurrently. This is really no big deal. Ever since school, we often took 4 or 5 courses a semester. Our brains can time-slice and multi-task very effectively.
The problem is traveling for an extended period of time. How do you carry all those books?
The Kindle 2: Amazon’s New Wireless Reading Device is the iPod equivalent of books.
The Amazon Kindle 2 is now finally in stock after such a long wait and has already started shipping a day earlier than announced, as Kindle fans are excitedly waiting to use the amazing gadget.
The Kindle 2 is the Amazon’s next generation new wireless reading device which features a slimmer design with longer battery life, faster page turns, more storage, crisper images and new read-to-me feature. It lets you wirelessly shop the Kindle Store, and download new content and read from their library — all without a PC, Wi-Fi hot spot, or syncing.
There’s even an adjustable text and font size for comfortable reading, which is great when you forget your reading glasses. Folks over 40 like me know what I’m talking about!
Kindle 2 users can buy more than 240,000 books from the Kindle Store, along with top U.S. and international magazines and newspapers and subscribe to more than 1200 different blogs.
- Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines, or even a pencil.
- Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
- Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
- Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images
- Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
- More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
- Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
- Read-to-Me: With the new Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud to you
- Large Selection: Over 240,000 books plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs available
- Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise
Here are some Track & Field and Running books available on Amazon Kindle:
Bowerman and the Men of Oregon: The Story of Oregon’s Legendary Coach and Nike’s Co-founder
Silent Gesture: The Autobiography of Tommie Smith (Sporting)