Last Updated on
If you enjoyed the last 800 meter training Master Class, you’ll enjoy this new session.
This Master Class is geared for anyone who coaches the 100 meters at the youth, high school and sub-elite college level. This also applies to the 200 and 400 meter sprinters, because success all boils down to your 100 meter time.
Marc Mangiacotti is the Assistant Track and Field Coach for Brown University. He is also the USATF Level II Certified Coach in Sprints, Hurdles, Relays, Jumps and Combined Events. In addition, he spent three seasons as Assistant Cross Country and Track & Field Coach at the University of Houston under head coach Leroy Burrell, former World Record holder in the 100 meter dash. And we know Leroy Burrell is a protégé of Tom Tellez.
The 2.5 hour video series is an excellent source where he will talk about:
- Why he believes in the importance of the first ten steps (like Vince Anderson)
- Why “Clearance” or the “zero step” is the most important part of the 100 meters
- Drills to master before coming out of the blocks
- 6 acceleration drills guaranteed to improve athletes’ drive phase
- The differences between acceleration and top speed mechanics
- Acceleration workouts you must work into your training sessions
- Drills for teaching proper maximum velocity posture, addressing both upper and lower body
- Knowing when to introduce speed endurance workouts into training
- How to structure your weekly workouts, especially in High School when you have multiple meets during the week
But I know my readers… because the most common private email request I get are training programs and specific training workouts.
So included in this Master Class series are the following handouts:
- Full 19 Week Weight Training Program
- Full 19 Week Track Workouts Plan
- 8 Specific Warm-ups
It is common for people to copy AND modify a workout plan and have a successful training plan. As long as you know the technical elements of training and the reasoning behind it. Marc does an excellent job is delivering this with such clarity.
Like the 800 meter training class, the price is normally $67 but it is on sale for $47 until midnight Friday March 18th.
Coach Mangiacotti is going to run a live Q&A chat session for the first 150 people who registers for the program (time and date to be determined). That way, you can get specific answers to questions you have from watching the
I wish all coaches who have products for sale offer such a post-sale service. To me, this means credibility, and to demonstrate his or her knowledge on the hot-seat. See you in class
FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an affiliate with CompleteTrack&Field and thus I earn a commission when you purchase through my link. Commission earnings helps support the costs of running this site, which is the #1 Track & Field coaching site on the Internet based on web traffic.