I did a 10 minute video on How to Write a Sprint Program in 5 easy steps. Normally this is an hour long lecture, but this is a quick summary to get you started.
Scroll below to get to the video on YouTube.
Here is the presentation in PowerPoint with the transcript of the slides on AuthorStream. You can also download the PPT or Video file (MP4 version) from that link as well.
Here is the executive summary:
- Step 1: Know your Different Type of Workouts
- Step 2: Know your Training Inventory and Sample Workouts
- Step 3: Get your Racing Schedule …then work backwards
- Step 4: Decide on Periodization and Peaks
- Step 5: Setup your Training and Recovery Weeks
In the video, here are the 2 URLs that I reference:
- CLASSIFYING_SPRINT_TRAINING_METHODS (from UKA)
- Boo’s Sports Performance Disc 3 of 40 circuits and over 400 exercises
Here is the chart:
Here is the video on YouTube:
After I did the presentation, I forgot to mention when designing your program, you should try to incorporate all the components, all of the time. Charlie Francis called this Vertical Integration. For example, keep weight training, plyometrics and explosive work all year round and not just in the GPP phase.