FIRST VIRTUAL OLYMPICS COACHES CORNER
Today was Day 4 of our athletics Track and Fields Virtual Coaches Corner to discuss today’s events at the Tokyo olympics. Participants included coaches at the Tokyo olympics.
The EACA Virtual Coaches Corner Tokyo 2020 is a free event organised by the European Athletics Coaches Association. See the full details here: Program.
The panel discussions are hosted by Jimson Lee from SpeedEndurance.com, as sponsor to the event.
Christine Harrison-Bloomfield (UK)
Former GB National Team athlete; now High Performance Sprints Coach who has worked with Olympic Gold medalist Christine Ohurugu
Frank Dick (UK)
Former GB Head Coach. Personal coach to Olympic, World and European Medalists and Record Holders. Now Chair of Global Athletics Coaching Academy and EACA President
Gunter Lange (GER)
World leader in Endurance Events Coaching and High Performance Strategic Planning. Now Ugandan Special Presidential Assistant in Education and Sport
Rita Engelbrecht (RSA)
World authority on High Performance 100/110 and 400Hs technique and preparation strategy. Formerly South Africa Head Hurdles Coach and coach to Olympic hurlers and mentor to coaches of Olympic and World hurdlers
Danie Cornelius (SA)
Head of TuksAthletics at University of Pretoria and High Performance Coach in Long and Triple. Now Manager of Athletics South Africa Relays programme.
Peter Eriksson (SWE & CAN)
Former GB Head Coach most successful Paralympic Team and Canadian Olympic Athletics Team. Now with Canada’s Own The Podium Programme
Herbert Czingon (GER)
World leading strategist in High Performance Coaching Development across all events. German National Coach in Women’s Pole Vault and personal coach to Olympic, World and European athletes
Coverage in Today’s Coaches Corner Program
Day 4 of the EACA Virtual Coaches Club covers the following track and field events: Long Jump, 200m, 100mH, Discus, Pole Vault, 400m SF, 400mH in the rain, Steeplechase, and 5000m.
Highlights of the discussion
- Discus – effect on the rain and shoe technologies? and the delays?
- Mens long jump – another tie? Remember Adam Nelson in Athens 2004?
- 200m QF – Sherika Jackson eased up and did not qualify! Why?
- 100mH – all about sub 12.40 for gold!
- 200m SF – Controversy on the the 2 Namibia athletes? Can Shaunae double 200-400?
- Pole Vault Qualifying – Newman NH? Sandi Morris 4.40? Was weather a factor, or the poles?
- 400m – smoking! I predict Gardiner, Kirani, and either Norman or Zambrano for medals, in order. And what happened to Wayde?
- 400mH – heavy rain!
- 5000m & 1500m – Hassan’s fall – will this impact?
Is the NCAA season too harsh? Look at Randolf Ross (400) and Gabby Thomas (200)
- Prandini 21.89 at the trials, out with 22.57 today.
- Thomas 21.61 at the trials, small q with 22.01.
- Battle 21.95 at the trials, out with 23.02.
Join our Coaches Corner – LIVE!
It is free for anyone to Interested to join the conversation or follow along. Register here to receive an invite for the Coaches Corner LIVE (Via Zoom) over the next 10 days.
Rules of Participation
- The preferred method of participation is for you to type your comments in the chat, which will be picked up by the moderator. Participants can comment and ask questions but there is a time moderation of a few minutes per guest. In all cases, keep it short and to the point.
- Put your mic on mute when not speaking.
- In case of a zoom bomb, you will receive a new link by email.
- Highly recommended: restart your computer before joining Zoom, and use a headset.
Video of Day 4 EACA Virtual Coaches Club Tokyo 2020: Long Jump (tie?), 200m QF & SF, 100mH, Discus & Pole Vault, 400m SF, 400mH in the rain, Steeplechase, and 5000m.