Happy New Year! It’s may be a new calendar year, but most athletes have begun training the 2016-2017 season!
That being said, it’s always good to review the “hot topics” of 2016, especially on social media.
- Funding (or lack of) for a support system
- Drugs, steroids, performance enhancers
- Training, injuries, and nutrition
- Recovery & regeneration, injury prevention, etc.
I’ll summarise my advice on these 4 topics.
Number 1 & 2 can be combined, because:
- Money (for support) is the SINGLE biggest performance enhancer out there (Thanks to Cheryl Thibedeau for quoting this)
- 2 Years of Injury free training will beat any device or gimmick
- 9 hours of sleep is the cheapest recovery & regeneration tool out there
Then again, if you have a lot of money, you can always resort to drugs, but I prefer a proper professional support and training group, with the best Coaches, Trainers, and Therapists. Once you are good, you can add your Agent :)
Of course, each of those bullet points deserves an article… or several articles… or even a book!
This blog is reaching 3000 articles, and will celebrate 10 years this May 2017, so a lot has been covered in these 4 somewhat controversial topics. But a lot has changed, too, so stay tuned for new upcoming articles, videos and podcasts.