FIRST VIRTUAL OLYMPICS COACHES CORNER
Today was Day 3 of our athletics Track and Fields Virtual Coaches Corner to discuss today’s events at the Tokyo olympics. Participants included coaches at the Tokyo olympics.
The EACA Virtual Coaches Corner Tokyo 2020 is a free event organised by the European Athletics Coaches Association. See the full details here: Program.
The panel discussions are hosted by Jimson Lee from SpeedEndurance.com, as sponsor to the event.
Christine Harrison-Bloomfield (UK)
Former GB National Team athlete; now High Performance Sprints Coach who has worked with Olympic Gold medalist Christine Ohurugu
Frank Dick (UK)
Former GB Head Coach. Personal coach to Olympic, World and European Medalists and Record Holders. Now Chair of Global Athletics Coaching Academy and EACA President
Gunter Lange (GER)
World leader in Endurance Events Coaching and High Performance Strategic Planning. Now Ugandan Special Presidential Assistant in Education and Sport
Rita Engelbrecht (RSA)
World authority on High Performance 100/110 and 400Hs technique and preparation strategy. Formerly South Africa Head Hurdles Coach and coach to Olympic hurlers and mentor to coaches of Olympic and World hurdlers
Dalton Grant (UK)
Former European Indoor High Jump Gold 2.37m. (Outdoor best 2.36) Now High Performance Coach across several sports in technical aspects of applying power to achieve vertical lift.
Danie Cornelius (SA)
Head of TuksAthletics at University of Pretoria and High Performance Coach in Long and Triple. Now Manager of Athletics South Africa Relays programme.
Peter Eriksson (SWE & CAN)
Former GB Head Coach most successful Paralympic Team and Canadian Olympic Athletics Team. Now with Canada’s Own The Podium Programme
Peter Stanley (UK)
Internationally acclaimed Triple Jump Coach to World Record Holder Jonathan Edwards, headed TeamGB Athletics Field and Combined Events and development of High Performance Coach/Athlete partnerships
Wolfgang Ritzdorf (GER)
World leading authority in High Performance High Jump Coaching and Performance. Director of the top International High Jump/Pole Vault Conference in Köln. Head of WA CECS Editorial Board
Coverage in Today’s Coaches Corner Program
Day 3 of the EACA Virtual Coaches Club covers the following track and field events: 100m, High Jump tie, Triple Jump WR, 100mH, 400mH, 400m, 800m
Highlights of the discussion
- 100m – thoughts on Lamont Marcell JACOBS? Did his Long Jump background help? I actually interviewed Paolo Camossi in May 2021 on the EACA website.
- High Jump tie – Should they have had a jump-off, like 1972 woman’s high jump? Thoughts on the 2 winners?
- Triple Jump WR – The board is too close to the pit for Rojas!
- 100mH – Will it take a OG or WR to win the Gold?
- 400mH – Did we see a sneak preview of the final with Warholm & Benjamin?
- 400m – Did Randolf Ross race too much at NCAA?
- 800m – Nigel Amos got re-instated.
- The World Athletics ranking system… Good or Evil?
Join our Coaches Corner – LIVE!
It is free for anyone to Interested to join the conversation or follow along. Register here to receive an invite for the Coaches Corner LIVE (Via Zoom) over the next 10 days.
Rules of Participation
- The preferred method of participation is for you to type your comments in the chat, which will be picked up by the moderator. Participants can comment and ask questions but there is a time moderation of a few minutes per guest. In all cases, keep it short and to the point.
- Put your mic on mute when not speaking.
- In case of a zoom bomb, you will receive a new link by email.
- Highly recommended: restart your computer before joining Zoom, and use a headset.
Video of Day 3 EACA Virtual Coaches Club Tokyo 2020: 100m, High Jump tie, Triple Jump WR, 100mH, 400mH, 400m, 800m