If you coach football, here is a free video (opt-in required) that talks about pre-season training.
Duane Carlisle is currently the Director of Sports Performance at Purdue University with 16 years as a NFL Strength Coach. His 50 minute video details offseason strength and conditioning techniques which was presented at a seminar. (There will be 2 more free videos added later)
You don’t win the SuperBowl from 60 minutes on the field. You start from your offseason training program which lays the foundation for success. And it all starts with stronger, faster, and injury free players with good nutritional education!
Here are a few of the topics he covers in the video:
- How to establish standards of excellence
- Why training must be specific to the demands of the position
- How to determine (and address) the individual needs of your athletes
- Combining strength and movement training
- 7 Foundational Movements athletes must master before progressing in training
- Analysis of the specific strength & conditioning routines Duane uses with his athletes
This is an overview and not a sales pitch. He breaks all of these topics for all ages and skill levels you work with.
The video is free, and you need to enter your email address. There will be more free videos added later (you can see that once you sign in)
Check out http://www.footballtrainingeducation.com