The 2011 Rome Golden Gala ended the same way as the upcoming 2012 London Summer Olympics. That is, with the 4×100 meter on the program (instead of the traditional 4x400m relay)
The home team of Italy was favoured to win, but you can never count out the Canadians. Or anyone for that matter. In the 4×100 meter relay, Anything Goes!
You may recall the Ato Bolton recent tweet on 6 rules on how the USA should handle the 4×100 meter Relay.
Or Dennis Best’s article on Exploiting your 4×100 meter Relay Personnel.
Here is the video. For Facebook and RSS readers, click here.
For additional resources on the 4×100 meter relay, see:
- 4×100m Relay: Thoughts on the European Athletics Championships
- 4×100 Relay Baton Passing – Upsweep, Downsweep or Push Pass?
- 4×100 Meter and 4×110 Yard Relay Trivia
- Baton Exchanges: How to Run the 4×200m & 4×400m
- The Last 4×100m Mixed Team to Hold a World Record
- Remember when France had the 4×100m WR?
- Jamaica 4×100m Relay Potential – A Sub 37 Second WR?
- Predicting 4×100 meter Relay Potential
- More History of the 4×100m Relay
- Track and Field 4×100 meter Relay and Exchanges
Leave a Reply