Last Updated on April 10, 2013 by Jimson Lee
In 1964, Bud Winter published the book The Rocket Sprint Start based on Germany’s Armin Hary 100 meter victory at the 1960 Olympic Games.
Bud Winter pioneered modern Track and Field, while creating the “Science of Sprinting” with his thorough, step by step detailed analysis and scientific studies.
Almost 50 years later, The Rocket Sprint Start book has been revised for the new millennium.
The new edition is broken down in 3 parts:
- The original book printed in 1964
- A modern example of today’s Sprint Start, updated by myself
- Comparison to the 1960 Rocket Sprint Start to the Jamaican sprinters of 2008
In my section (Part 2) I discuss:
- Quick Overview of Starting Block Techniques
- 5 Phases of the 100 meter Sprint
- Different Types of Blocks
- Setting up your Blocks
- Getting into your blocks – The Routine
- The “On Your Marks” Position
- The “Set” Position
- Gun and Reaction Time
- Drive phase and the 1st step (clearance)
Rocket Sprint Start now on Amazon Kindle
You can now buy The Rocket Sprint Start digital Kindle format here on Amazon for only $9.99.
You can also buy The Rocket Sprint Start physical book directly on the Bud Winter website.
Alternatively, you can buy The Rocket Sprint Start physical book on Amazon.