Last Updated on September 12, 2013 by Jimson Lee
Four years ago, Derek Hansen and I hosted Dr. Don Chu at the 2009 BC Recovery and Regeneration Seminar.
If you missed it, I put up the entire 2 hour lecture (free of charge) on my other site at StrengthPowerSpeed.com
Needless to say, I am proud to announce we have Dr. Chu back in Vancouver.
May 18 & 19, 2013 to be exact. NOTE: This is a long weekend in Canada.
The conference is titled Meeting of the Minds where we’ll have in-depth discussion of advanced topics in Strength & Conditioning and High Performance Sport. (scroll below for the outline)
If you live in Western Canada or the Pacific North West (Washington & Oregon State), you should consider making the drive up.
Instead of having a traditional presentation for 60-90 minutes, we are going to change the format slightly, ideally with some presentations being a short 18 minute TED talk followed by 40 minutes of discussion.
I’ll be giving a talk as well, so be sure to check out SpeedEndurance TV.
- Key Note Speech: Dr. Don Chu: Athlete Preparation and Training: What Have We Learned?
- Rob Panariello: Discussion Topic: Strength Training from a Rehab Perspective
- Joseph Horrigan: Discussion Topic: Soft-Tissue Therapy Integration with High Performance Athletes – What is the Best Approach?
- Presentation: Dr. Jean Gillies (Rheumatologist): Prolotherapy and Related Injectable Therapies for Sports Injuries
- Derek Hansen & Giovanni Ciriani: Discussion Topic: Electronic Muscle Stimulation – Augmenting Conventional Strength Training
- Tim Rabas: Discussion Topic: Essential Olympic Lifting for the Strength Coach – What is Useful, What is Not? (Click here for Tim’s Bio)
- Workshop Group Dinner
- Dr. Don Chu: Discussion Topic: Plyometrics – Modern Trends and Traditional Methods
- Sal Alosi: Discussion Topic: College vs the Pros – Fundamental Differences in a Training Approach (Click here for Sal’s bio)
- Jimson Lee: Discussion Topic: Technology, The Internet and the High Performance Coach
- Group Discussion: Where Do We Go From Here?
WHEN: May 18-19, 2013
WHERE: Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
$249 only $100
For more information, contact:
Derek Hansen, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 604-773-9102
Click (or right click) here to download the Meeting of the Minds – High Performance Workshop brochure.