FIRST VIRTUAL OLYMPICS COACHES CORNER
Today was Day 2 of our athletics Track and Fields Virtual Coaches Corner to discuss today’s events at the Tokyo olympics. Participants included coaches at the Tokyo olympics.
The EACA Virtual Coaches Corner Tokyo 2020 is a free event organised by the European Athletics Coaches Association. See the full details here: Program.
The panel discussions are hosted by Jimson Lee from SpeedEndurance.com, as sponsor to the event.
Frank Dick (UK)
Former GB Head Coach. Personal coach to Olympic, World and European Medalists and Record Holders. Now Chair of Global Athletics Coaching Academy and EACA President
Gunter Lange (GER)
World leader in Endurance Events Coaching and High Performance Strategic Planning. Now Ugandan Special Presidential Assistant in Education and Sport
Rita Engelbrecht (RSA)
World authority on High Performance 100/110 and 400Hs technique and preparation strategy. Formerly South Africa Head Hurdles Coach and coach to Olympic hurlers and mentor to coaches of Olympic and World hurdlers
Dalton Grant (UK)
Former European Indoor High Jump Gold 2.37m. (Outdoor best 2.36) Now High Performance Coach across several sports in technical aspects of applying power to achieve vertical lift.
Danie Cornelius (RSA)
Head of Tuks Athletics at University of Pretoria and High Performance Coach in Long and Triple. Now Manager of Athletics South Africa Relays programme.
A big thank-you to all the coaches.
Coverage in Today’s Coaches Corner Program
Day 2 of the EACA Virtual Coaches Club covers the following track and field events: 100m, 800m, 5000m, 10,000m, 100mH, 400mH, Long Jump, Mixed Relays.
Highlights of the discussion
- Discus Throw – coach Shaun Pickering of TeamGB, who is on location in Tokyo, gives insights on what it is like to be in the Olympic village and how they are handling covid.
- Mens 10,000m – Uganda came 2nd and 3rd. Gunter Lange gives insights on team Uganda and if Joshua Cheptegei will run the 5,000 or not.
- 4×400 mixed relays – we discuss the tactics in the in depth.
- Long jump – Jamaica’s Tajay Gayle jumped with a severely bandaged knee to qualify for the final? Would you let your athlete do this? When is enough enough?
- Womans 100m final – we talk about the Jamaican sweep and our British hopeful Dina Asher-Smith on getting injured 4 weeks earlier at the UK trials. How do you prevent injuries? Are the trials too close to the Olympics.
Join our Coaches Corner – LIVE!
It is free for anyone to Interested to join the conversation or follow along. Register here to receive an invite for the Coaches Corner LIVE (Via Zoom) over the next 10 days.
Rules of Participation
- The preferred method of participation is for you to type your comments in the chat, which will be picked up by the moderator. Participants can comment and ask questions but there is a time moderation of a few minutes per guest. In all cases, keep it short and to the point.
- Put your mic on mute when not speaking.
- In case of a zoom bomb, you will receive a new link.
- Highly recommended: restart your computer before joining Zoom and use a headset.
Video of Day 2 EACA Virtual Coaches Club Tokyo 2020: 100m, 800m, 5000m, 10,000m, 100mH, 400mH, Long Jump, Mixed Relays
Leave a Reply