Last Updated on November 18, 2011 by Jimson Lee
This story was from “A perfect 10” in the October 2007 issue of Canadian Living magazine. The article saluted 10 of Canada’s best female athletes on who to watch for in the 2008 Summer and 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
I’m going through the list of athletes and sports: Ice dancing, Diving, Hockey, Speed skating, Cross-country skiing, Soccer, Rowing, Curling, Weightlifting and Golf.
And then came the drum roll with their names:
1. NAME: Marie-France Dubreuil, SPORT: Ice dancing
2. NAME: Blythe Hartley, SPORT: Diving
3. NAME: Hayley Wickenheiser, SPORT: Hockey
4. NAME: Clara Hughes, SPORT: Speed skating
5. NAME: Sara Renner, SPORT: Cross-Country Skiing
6. NAME: Christine Sinclair, SPORT: Soccer
7. NAME: Jane Rumball, SPORT: Rowing, Womenâ€™s Pairs
8. NAME: Kelly Scott, SPORT: Curling
9. NAME: Jeane Lassen, SPORT: Weightlifting
10. NAME: Lorie Kane, SPORT: Golf
Hmm, I can’t believe they left out Perdita Felicien. 2003 IAAF World Champion 100m hurdle Gold medalist. Favorite to win the Gold in the 2004 Athens Olympics if not for a bit of bad luck smashing the first hurdle. And more recently, 2007 Silver medalist at the IAAF World Championships in Osaka.
I know, I know, there are few of you chuckling out there who thinks curling and golf are actually sports, and not recreation.
The on-line version of the above article can be found here.
What can I say?
Let the Games Begin!