If you enjoyed the British version of Sports Matters “Worlds Fastest Man” with Michael Johnson, you’ll certainly enjoy this 1 hour documentary of Sports Science with Asafa Powell on Japanese TV.
There are no commercials, and you can view the 5 part, 10 min segments of the show below.
The show is in Japanese, but it’s well worth watching. Some highlights:
- All his World Records are shown (9.77s and 9.74)
- The 2007 Osaka World Championships loss to Tyson
- Most interviews are in English, with Japanese subtitles
- Lots of slow motion to study his form
- Good section on Tyson Gay in Part 2
- Nice side by side analysis of Tyson and Asafa – you don’t need Dartfish, but a translator helps!
I’ve been playing with some of the new video technologies out there, and I like the way I can show a playlist of videos, rather than having all the videos one after another. This saves a lot of real estate room on this Blog. I will write another article on this at a later date. Do you like the playlist to the right, or the auto-scroll playlist on the bottom?
Now, how good is this and I’ve only seen Part 1?! Thanks for sharing! speedendurance.com is hitting on all cylinders with these kind of posts.
Jimson Lee says
@ Fred – Thanks for the encouragement , there’s more to come!