As I celebrate 14 years on the Blog this May 2021, one recurring theme is the use of Electrical Muscle Stimulators (EMS) devices, and keeping up with the latest research using this technology.
In the video below, Derek Hansen gives an update on the benefits of using an Electrical Muscle Stimulation device and discusses practical applications for Recovery & Regeneration, as well as strength training. This was recorded for our Weekly Zoom Calls (Sept 2020). Derek has worked with several professional teams, both individual and team events.
As most of you know from my newsletter, I belong to this “Recovery & Regeneration” group for Coaches & Therapists. It started off from the NACACTFCA Puerto Rico conference in March 2020 that ended up being a Virtual conference due to the pandemic. We meet Every Monday at 8:45am Pacific Time, 11:45am Eastern Time, 4:45pm UK time, etc and lasts 75 minutes. The time & date has changed already, and it might change again in May 2021. Email me at email@example.com for more details, everyone is welcome to join, and there is no cost.
But before you buy an EMS device, here are some past articles & videos over the last 14 years. So here are the best 14 articles:
- 7 Questions for the Globus SpeedCoach Electrical Muscle Stim Units
- Comprehensive Recovery Training for Athletes [Part 1]
- Using the EMS for Training [SpeedEndurance TV]
- Pads, Pad Placement and Electric Muscle Stimulators [SpeedEndurance TV]
- Electric Muscle Stimulation: Separating Fact from Fiction
- Catch-22: Electrical Muscle Stimulation Benefits
- Hamstring Pull Recovery: EMS and Weight Training
- Rugby Training Challenges: Using EMS for Players’ Conditioning
- Rugby Training Challenges: How EMS should be considered
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) for Speed, Rugby
- Other Uses of the Globus SpeedCoach EMS
- How to Use Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) with Training
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) Research Review
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation Benefits (EMS or NMES)
If you’re interested in buying an EMS, check out our product here:
Globus Electrical Muscle Stimulation SprintCoach SPORT Limited Edition (LE)
Derek Hansen: Electrical Muscle Stimulators (EMS) and Practical Applications for Recovery & Regeneration
Free Downloads from the Leaders in Sport Science
If you’re still interested to learn from the leaders in Sport Science, here are 3 PDFs that you can down for your research!