Here is a collection of 40 yard dash workouts and videos from Speedendurance.com’s archives. This collection’s last update was June 2008, so I thought it was time to update it.
Improving your 40 Yard Dash Instructional Videos
- How to Run a Fast 40 Yard Dash by J.R. Redmond – J.R. Redmond presents one of the better videos on the 40 Yard dash
- Draftguys TV: The Secrets of the 40-Yard Dash – Coach Travelle Gaines explains the unique ways he trains pro clients for the 40-yard dash
- Video on How to Improve Your 40 Yard Dash – Jason Hadeed from Elite Athlete Training Systems and his 4 and a half minute video on how to improve your 40 yard dash. Jason Hadeed was murdered February 2008.
Improving your 40 Yard Dash Instructional Articles
- 4 Tips to Running a Faster 40 Yard Dash – Phil Campbell, author of Ready, Set, Go! Synergy Fitness shares his 4 secrets to a better 40 yard dash
- Increase Vertical Jump with Plyometric Exercises – My notes on a recent clinic with some basic guidelines on Plyometrics
- Improve Football Speed Immediately with Four Simple Drills – Joe Heiler PT, CSCS, a physical therapist specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics, shares his tips on how to improve your football speed
- Staying Low on a 40 Yard Dash or 100 Meter Start – Adarian Barr from Speedbynature.com explains what is implied when a sprinter is instructed to stay low at the start and for the first 10 yards or meters of a sprint race.
- Kettlebell Training to Improve Your 40 Yard Dash Time – Joe Sarti explains why this article could be titled “Kettlebell Training to Increase Your Vertical Jump” or “Kettlebell Training to Run a Faster”
- Football Combine – How to Run a Faster 40 Yard Dash – Patrick Beith from Athletes’ Acceleration explains How To Run A Faster 40 Yard Dash (Part 1)
- How to Run a Faster 40 Yard Dash – Part 2 – Part 2 of Patrick Beith from Athletes’ Acceleration
- How To Run A Faster 40 Yard Dash In 2 Easy Steps – Two easy corrections you can make to your technique to get the most out of your body’s power and run your fastest 40-yard dash
Fastest 40 Yard Dash Videos
- Darren McFadden 4.27 40 Yard Dash – Video of Darren McFadden’s reported 4.27 on his 40 Yard Dash NFL football combine in 2008.
- Dwayne Jarrett 4.62 40 Yard Dash – Video of Dwayne Jarrett’s 4.62 and 4.67 40-yard dash at USC’s 2007 Pro Day
- Reggie Bush 40 Yard Dash – Fastest 4.33? – Video of Reggie Bush’s 4.33 40 Yard Dash at the 2006 Pro Day
Fastest Times 40 Yard Dash Discussion
- Baseball 60 Yard Dash – Whats a Good Time? – Comparisons to the 40 yard dash, plus Track and Field 55m and 60m equivalents
- Fastest Times for the 40-Yard Dash and the 3-Cone Drill – Martin Chase, a retired NFL player who has played with the Giants, the Saints, the Redskins, the Ravens, and the Jaguars gives some relative times by position to aim for in the 40-Yard Dash and the 3-Cone Drill
- NFL Hopefuls Run to Michael Johnson – PreRaceJitters.com’s Jay Hicks writes about how Olympic sprint champion Michael Johnson has been teaching some of football’s biggest names how to prepare for football combine for the past six years
- Justin Gatlin 4.42 40 Yard Dash – Justin Gatlin’s 4.42 electronic 40 yard dash is still impressive despite running a 9.77 100 meter dash during his running prime
- Fabian Washington 4.29 Fastest 40 Yard Dash? – Fabian Washington recorded the fastest 40 yard dash at the 2005 NFL Combine with a time of 4.29 seconds but no video is available for proof.
- Fastest 40 Yard Dash Time? – Ben Johnson splits in his 9.79 100 meter race in Seoul was 4.38 seconds for 40 yards, 5.52 seconds for 50 meters, and 60 meters in 6.37 seconds